- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/3 CUPS
The best olives to use for a proper tapenade are naturally the ones Provençal cooks use: black Niçoise. In a pinch, however, any top-quality black olives can be combined with capers and anchovies to make this rustic spread.
- 1 1/2 cups Niçoise olives (10 ounces), pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1/4 cup drained tuna
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Cognac (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Grilled or toasted bread, for serving
- In a food processor, combine the olives with the capers, tuna and anchovies. Pulse until a coarse puree forms. With the machine on, gradually add the oil until incorporated. Transfer the Tapenade to a bowl and stir in the Cognac. Season with pepper and serve with grilled bread
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.