Provençal Anchovy Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 1/2 cup
This sauce is based on anchoïade, a Provençal dressing made with garlic, anchovies and olive oil that's usually spread on toast. Grace Parisi likes it best tossed into a hearty salad that combines some of her favorite foods—grilled vegetables, crusty bread and salty cheese.
- 6 oil-packed anchovies, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the anchovies with the garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and crushed red pepper until the garlic is finely chopped. Add the lemon juice and olive oil and puree until smooth. Add the parsley and pulse just to incorporate.