- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 12 jumbo shrimpshelled,deveined and butterflied
- 12 thin slices of prosciutto (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, mix the marmalade, soy sauce, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and scallions. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Lay a slice of prosciutto on a work surface and fold it in half lengthwise. Wrap the prosciutto around the middle third of 1 of the shrimp. Repeat with the remaining shrimp and prosciutto.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the shrimp and cook over moderate heat, turning once or twice, until golden and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve warm or at room temperature.
The shrimp can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 hours.