- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- 10 oil-cured black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Eight 1/2-inch-thick slices of peasant bread, toasted
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes with the garlic, basil, olives, olive oil and salt and pepper. Let stand until juicy, about 15 minutes. Mound the tomato mixture on the toasts, top with the slices of prosciutto and serve.
Accent the lusciousness of the prosciutto with a zesty, vibrantly acidic Italian Sauvignon Blanc.