- 4 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 soft hero or ciabatta rolls, or 1 long baguette, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/2 pound Brie, rind removed, cheese cut into 4 pieces
- 1 large Granny Smith applepeeled, cored and thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, beat 4 tablespoons of the butter until creamy. Stir in the scallion, lemon juice and mustard until smooth.
- Preheat a griddle over low heat. Spread the scallion butter on the cut sides of the rolls. Lay the prosciutto on the bottom halves; top with the Brie and the apple slices and close the sandwiches. Lightly spread the remaining 2 teaspoons of butter on the outside of the rolls (it will be a very thin layer).
- Put the sandwiches on the griddle. Cover with a heavy skillet and cook over low heat, turning occasionally, until toasted and the Brie is melted, 10 minutes. Cut the panini in half and serve.
Photo © Michael Weschler Published July 2002