Prosciutto and Marinated Artichoke Involtini
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 dozen rolls
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup slivered blanched almonds (2 ounces)
- One 6.5-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 18 thin slices of prosciutto (about 7 ounces)
- Heat the oil in a small skillet. Add the almonds and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- In a mini food processor, pulse the artichoke hearts with the almonds until finely chopped. Add the cream cheese, Parmesan and lemon zest and process to a paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay 3 prosciutto slices on a work surface, overlapping them slightly along the sides. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the artichoke filling onto the short end and roll into a tight cylinder. Repeat with the remaining prosciutto and filling. Trim the ends, cut into quarters and serve.
Make AheadThe rolls can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.