Precious Potato Salad
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 2
This salad showcases flavorful tiny new potatoes, available at farmers' markets. They're served on mâche, or lamb's lettuce; to clean it, trim the roots, keeping the heads intact, and rinse well.
Italian white truffle oil adds a rich, luxurious flavor to the salad, though you can replace it with one extra tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1/2 pound tiny new potatoes, such as fingerlings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 pound mâche
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh spearmint
- In a steamer basket set over 1 inch of boiling water, steam the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, truffle oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the mâche with 1 tablespoon of the dressing; arrange on a platter. Add the potatoes to the bowl and toss with the remaining dressing. Mound the potatoes on the mâche and sprinkle with the mint.