- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound smoked ham, shredded
- 1 cup finely chopped green cabbage
- 1 small dill pickle, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill, plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground pepper
- Toasted country bread and mustard, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a small saucepan, melt the anchovies in the olive oil over moderate heat, stirring. Scrape the anchovy oil into a medium bowl. Add the ham, cabbage, pickle and chopped dill, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Pack the ham mixture into a 3-cup ramekin and garnish with dill. Serve at room temperature with the bread and mustard.
The potted ham can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.