- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes
- One 1/4 -pound piece of slab bacon, sliced 1/4 inch thick and cut into
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chives, for garnish
Cook the new potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, over moderately high heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Peel the potatoes as soon as they're cool enough to handle. In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the stock, shallots, vinegar and mustard and let stand for 1 hour, tossing occasionally. Add the bacon and olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Garnish with chives and serve at room temperature.