- 6 medium red potatoes (about 1 pound), scrubbed
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon mild honey, such as clover or acacia
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1 scallion, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 medium radishes, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly, then cut into 1/2-inch dice.
Meanwhile, in another medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the green beans until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain the beans in a colander and refresh under cold water. Drain well and pat dry.
In a large bowl, mix the buttermilk with the honey, parsley, chives, shallots, vinegar, mustard, tarragon, scallion and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Add the radishes and beans; toss to coat. Add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and toss the salad gently. Transfer the salad to plates and serve at room temperature.
One Serving Calories 147 kcal, Total Fat 0.8 gm, Saturated Fat 0.4 gm
When stirring honey into the dressing, bring the buttermilk to room temperature or warm the honey before adding it; the warmer the honey is, the more fluid and easier to mix in with other ingredients. Rather than stirring it in with a spoon, use a whisk to prevent it from clumping.