- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups scrubbed potato peels, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, 3 finely chopped and 3 finely grated
- 4 scallions, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoons pimentón de la Vera, plus more for sprinkling
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Add the onion, potato peels, chopped garlic and all but 1/4 cup of the scallions and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and crispy in spots, about 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the 1/2 teaspoon of pimentón and add to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until the eggs begin to set around the edges, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the tortilla for 6 to 8 minutes, until just set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the grated garlic, lemon juice and the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Invert the tortilla onto a large plate. Garnish with the reserved 1/4 cup of scallions and a sprinkling of pimentón and serve with the garlic aioli.
The garlic aioli can be refrigerated for 3 days.?
Light and minerally Pinot Grigio is a fantastic match for egg dishes like this tortilla.