- 1 pound all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground white pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, then press through a large fine strainer into a bowl. Let cool slightly, then beat in the flour and eggs.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream and milk to a simmer. Add to the potatoes and whisk until smooth. Season with the salt and white pepper. Beat the egg whites until firm, then fold them into the potato batter.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the batter into the skillet for each pancake and cook over moderate heat until golden on the bottom and barely dry on top, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden, about 2 minutes longer. Add some more of the oil for each batch. Serve hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.