- 1 dozen large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 packed cup shredded Gruyère
- 4 ounces prosciutto, sliced 1/4 inch thick and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the water and season with 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Beat in the Gruyère and prosciutto.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick ovenproof skillet. Add the potatoes and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add the scallions and cook for 1 minute. Stir the egg mixture and add to the skillet. Stir to distribute the potatoes. Cook until the bottom is just set, about 3 minutes; lift the frittata to allow the uncooked eggs to seep underneath.
- Bake the frittata for about 10 minutes, until nearly set in the center.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the frittata 8 inches from the heat for 1 minute, until the top is just beginning to brown. Cut the frittata into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.
The unmolded frittata can be kept at room temperature for 4 hours.