Potato Crisps with Chive-Sour Cream Dip
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 cups canola oil
- Thick peelings from 3 pounds of Yukon Gold or russet potatoes (roughly 1-by-3-inch strips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large saucepan over moderately high heat, heat the oil to 360°. Fry the potato skins in batches, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer each batch of potato strips to paper towels to drain, then sprinkle with salt immediately.
- Transfer the potato strips to a baking sheet and sprinkle them with the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes, just until the cheese is melted. Let the crisps cool, then transfer to a bowl.
- In a blender or processor, puree the sour cream with the chives and a pinch of salt and pepper until the chives are finely chopped. Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve alongside the potato crisps.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.