© Frances Janisch
Potato Chips With Nori Salt
- SERVINGS: 8
Owner Jason Chan took his design cues from the restaurant's wine list: The walls are painted the color of Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
More Cocktail Party Recipes
- Three 7-by-8-inch sheets of nori seaweed
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled
- Preheat the oven to 325°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toast the nori in the oven until brittle, about 10 minutes. In a mini food processor, grind the nori to a powder. Mix the nori powder with the salt.
- In a large pot, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350° over moderately high heat. Slice the potatoes 1/16 inch thick on a mandoline. In a colander, rinse the potato slices under cold water until the water runs clear. Pat the potato slices thoroughly dry. Working in small batches, fry the potato slices, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potato chips to paper towels to drain. Generously sprinkle the chips with the nori salt and serve.