- Three 7-by-8-inch sheets of nori seaweed
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled
- Preheat the oven to 325°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toast the nori in the oven until brittle, about 10 minutes. In a mini food processor, grind the nori to a powder. Mix the nori powder with the salt.
- In a large pot, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350° over moderately high heat. Slice the potatoes 1/16 inch thick on a mandoline. In a colander, rinse the potato slices under cold water until the water runs clear. Pat the potato slices thoroughly dry. Working in small batches, fry the potato slices, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potato chips to paper towels to drain. Generously sprinkle the chips with the nori salt and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.