Potato Chips with Blue Cheese
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 pound blue cheese such as Maytag Blue, crumbled (2 cups)
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- One 6-ounce bag thick-cut potato chips
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, about 7 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk. Cook over moderate heat, whisking, until thickened, 5 minutes. Off the heat, whisk in the blue cheese and season with salt and cayenne.
- Put half of the potato chips in a large shallow bowl and drizzle with half of the blue cheese sauce. Add the remaining chips and sauce to make another layer. Serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.