- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh or dried chorizo, peeled and diced or crumbled
- 1 pound waxy potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds small clams, such as littlenecks
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
In a large heavy pot heat the oil over medium high heat until hot. Cook the chorizo, stirring, until browned about 4 minutes. Transfer the chorizo to a plate with a slotted spoon, reserving the fat in the pot. Stir in the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 12 minutes. Stir in the onion and garlic and cook until golden, about 6 minutes. Stir in the wine and the clams and boil, covered, until the clams open wide, 10 to 12 minutes.
Divide the clam, vegetables and broth between bowls and sprinkle with cilantro and scallion. Serve.