© William Meppem
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS
In this version of cranberry sauce, the sweet-tartness of the cranberries is enhanced with the addition of port, orange juice and orange zest.
Slideshow: More Cranberry Recipes
Plus: Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide
- 1/2 cup ruby port
- Three 1-by-3-inch strips of orange zest, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a medium saucepan, combine the port with the orange zest and orange juice and bring to a boil. Add the cranberries and sugar and simmer over moderately low heat until the sauce is jamlike, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and serve warm or at room temperature.
Make AheadThe cranberry sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.