Pork with Strawberry-Herb Sauce
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Luscious herb-scented pork gets a subtle sweetness from jam. Slicing the pork into medallions makes it cook especially fast.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Two 3/4-pound pork tenderloins, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces and pounded 1 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam or preserves
- Scant 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Season the pork with salt and pepper; cook over high heat, turning once, until browned and just cooked through; transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the skillet. Add the shallot and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened. Add the stock, jam and thyme; cook over high heat, stirring until thickened. Whisk in the mustard. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper. Return the pork and any juices to the skillet; turn to coat then serve.
Berry-rich, lush Zinfandel.