Pork with Mustard Lime Vinaigrette
- SERVINGS: 4
Cubes of just-roasted pork tenderloin fill in for braised beef in our version of a French salad of leftover beef and vinaigrette. We love it warm or at room temperature, but do be sure to let the salad stand for at least a few minutes before serving to give the pork time to soak up some of the delicious dressing.
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 3/4 pound each
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, cut into very thin slices
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro or fresh parsley
- Heat the oven to 450°. Coat the pork with the 1 tablespoon of mustard and the 11/2 teaspoons of oil. Sprinkle it with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper. Put the pork on a baking sheet and roast until just done, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer the pork to a carving board and leave to rest in a warm spot for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the onion in a small bowl of cold water and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain the onion, rinse, and then pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lime juice, the 1 teaspoon mustard, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Add the 1/4 cup oil slowly, whisking. While the pork is still warm, cut it into bite-size pieces. Add the pork, onion, red-pepper flakes, and cilantro to the vinaigrette and toss.
Leftover pork or beef would not only taste great, it would actually be more traditional. The meat should really be cooked through, though, not rare.
Merlot's soft, supple texture and ripe, juicy plum and chocolate flavors have made it a current favorite among red wines. Savor a well-made version from California's Napa Valley here, and you'll know what all the fuss is about.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.