Pork Teriyaki Steak Sandwiches
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Danny Meyer: Wine Pairings for Sandwiches
More Tasty Sandwiches
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Four 6-ounce pork tenderloin pieces, pounded into 1/3-inch-thick steaks (about 5 inches)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or other Asian hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil, for rubbing
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a medium, shallow dish, combine the soy sauce, garlic, honey and sesame oil. Add the pork tenderloin steaks and coat on both sides. Let stand for 1 hour, turning once.
- In a medium bowl, stir the mayonnaise with the scallions, ginger and Sriracha and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan. Remove the pork tenderloin steaks from the marinade and rub with oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat until richly browned but pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side.
- Fold the bean sprouts into the mayonnaise mixture. Place the pork steaks on the bottom halves of the buns. Top with the bean sprouts, close the sandwiches and serve.