© Jim Franco
Pork Tenderloin with Rhubarb-Shallot Compote
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 pound rhubarb, stalks only, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup shallots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme plus twelve 2-inch thyme sprigs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each), cut into 6 pieces each
- Light a grill. In a medium bowl, toss the rhubarb and shallots with the butter to coat. Stir in the sugar and minced thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Tear off four 16-inch-long sheets of extra-heavy-duty foil. Mound half of the rhubarb mixture in the center of each of 2 foil sheets. Gently pound the thicker pieces of pork about 1 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper and press a thyme sprig onto each piece. Arrange the pieces of pork in a layer on the rhubarb. Cover with the 2 remaining sheets of foil; fold up the edges all around to seal.
- Grill the hobo packs over a very hot fire for about 12 minutes, or until sizzling and puffed. Using oven mitts, transfer the packs to a rimmed platter. Open the packs carefully, transfer the pork and rhubarb to plates and serve.
Notes One serving 345 calories, 10.6 gm total fat, 4.7 gm saturated fat, 23 gm carb.