- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, coarsely grated on a box grater
- 1 medium onion, coarsely grated on a box grater
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus cilantro sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 pounds trimmed boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Grilled flatbread, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, tomatoes, onion, wine, chopped cilantro, crushed red pepper, oregano and paprika. Add the pork and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Light a grill. Thread the pork onto 8 metal skewers, leaving a small space between each piece. Brush the pork with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until nicely browned and cooked through, about 30 minutes. Serve with cilantro sprigs and grilled flatbread.
This succulent grilled pork calls for a bold beer, like McNeill's spicy ESB (Extra Special Bitter) from Vermont. Or serve a juicy red wine, like Garnacha from Spain's Navarra region.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.