Pork Fried Rice
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3/4 pound Chinese barbecued pork, half cut into 1/2-inch dice and half sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 large shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1 head baby bok choy, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 cups cold cooked Japanese short-grain rice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
- In a small bowl, stir the soy sauce with the rice vinegar, sesame oil and sugar.
- Heat a very large skillet. Add the shortening and let melt. Add the diced pork and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute. Add the peas, shiitakes, carrot and bok choy and stir-fry until tender. Add the eggs and scramble just until set.
- Stir in the cooked rice, scallions, soy sauce mixture and pepper and stir-fry until the rice is hot. Remove from the heat and season with salt. Spoon the fried rice into bowls, top with the sliced pork and pickled ginger and serve.
A spicy-yet-smooth Aussie Shiraz.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.