- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Four 6-ounce center-cut boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 firm nectarines, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon shredded basil
- Light a grill. In a skillet, toast the pine nuts over high heat, stirring, until golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Brush the chops with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the chops over high heat, turning once, until cooked through, 10 to 11 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush the nectarines with olive oil and grill cut side down until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and grill until charred and softened, about 2 minutes longer; cut into 1/2-inch dice. Put the nectarines in a bowl and stir in the vinegar and honey. Add the onion, basil and pine nuts and season with salt and pepper. Serve the pork chops topped with the relish.
A fruity, flamboyant Australian red, such as a Shiraz.