Pork Chops with Mustard and Sour Cream Sauce
- SERVINGS: 4
Two mustards—grainy and smooth—add layers of flavor to the creamy sauce that tops these pork chops.
Fast Pork Recipes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (about 5 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, process the chicken stock, sour cream, Dijon and stone-ground mustards and the cornstarch until smooth. Transfer the sauce to a small saucepan and simmer over moderate heat until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley and keep warm.
- Heat a large skillet. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until well browned, about 5 minutes. Turn the pork chops and cook until browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer the chops to warm dinner plates, spoon the mustard sauce on top and serve at once.
These mustardy, moist pork chops point to a big whiteChardonnayor a light red, ideally a California Pinot Noir, which would underscore the tangy flavors here.