- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 thin-cut, bone-in pork loin chops (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
How to make this recipe
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Lightly season the pork chops with salt and pepper and cook over high heat until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the chops and sear until just cooked through, about 2 minutes; transfer to a platter.
Add the butter and garlic to the skillet and stir over moderate heat until the garlic softens, about 1 minute. Stir in the capers, lemon juice and chives. Spoon the sauce over the chops and serve.
An aromatic Viognier.