- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1/2 small pomegranate)
How to make this recipe
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until shimmering. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Add the chops to the skillet and cook over high heat, turning once, until they are golden, about 7 minutes. Transfer the chops to a plate, cover loosely and keep warm.
- Add the apples to the skillet and cook over high heat, turning once, until softened and golden, about 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey and vinegar with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the pomegranate seeds. Transfer the pork and apples to plates, scatter the pomegranate seeds and vinaigrette on top and serve.
Dark, earthy Priorato red.