- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound pork loin, cut into 1 1/2-by-1/4-inch strips
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Large pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 large leekhalved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Add the pork, season with salt and pepper and stir-fry over high heat until cooked, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add the remaining vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the garlic and crushed pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the leek and 1/4 cup of the stock, cover and cook until the leek is softened, 2 minutes. Add the remaining 3/4 cup of stock and bring to a simmer. Add the tofu, then stir in the pork, hoisin, vinegar and sesame oil. Transfer to bowls and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.