- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 2-inch dice
- 1/2 pound lean slab bacon, cut into 1-inch dice
- In a bowl, mix the garlic with the paprika, salt, caraway seeds, dry mustard, pepper and oil. Add the pork, toss to coat and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Light a charcoal grill. Thread the pork, onion and bacon onto 8 skewers. Grill over high heat, turning, until browned and the pork is just cooked through, 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve.
These kebabs are influenced by Serbian cooking; Zinfandel also has Eastern European rootsit is descended from the Croatian grape Crljenak and will pair nicely here.