- SERVINGS: Makes about 3/4 cup
This mayonnaise-based glaze, flavored with dried porcini mushrooms and roasted hazelnuts, is delicious brushed on all kinds of fish before roasting or broiling. Use it on skinless fish like halibut, mackerel or wild striped bass. Thinned with Marsala, it becomes a terrific sauce.
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup roasted and skinned hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a spice grinder, grind the porcini to a powder. In a small bowl, blend together the porcini powder, chopped hazelnuts and mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
Sauce variation: Add 1 tablespoon of dry Marsala per 3/4 cup of glaze and serve with grilled, poached or sautéed fish.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.