- SERVINGS: 8
If fresh porcini are unavailable, use other meaty wild mushrooms instead.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound fresh porcini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 large thick slices of Tuscan bread, cut into thirds and toasted
- Heat the oil in a large nonreactive skillet. Add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté over moderately high heat until beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dilute the tomato paste with the wine and stir in 1/4 cup of water. Stir the wine mixture into the mushrooms and cook until absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mushrooms onto the toast and serve at once.