Pop-Open Clams with Horseradish-Tabasco Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 first-course servings
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons drained horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet pimentón de la Vera (Spanish smoked paprika)
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- Grilled slices of crusty white bread, for serving
- Light a grill. In a small bowl, blend the butter with the horseradish, Tabasco, lemon zest, lemon juice and pimentón de la Vera. Season with salt.
- Arrange the clams over high heat and grill until they pop open, about 25 seconds. Using tongs, carefully turn the clams over so the meat side is down. Grill for about 20 seconds longer, until the clam juices start simmering. Transfer the clams to a serving bowl. Top each clam with about 1/2 teaspoon of the horseradish-Tabasco sauce and serve with the grilled bread.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.