- 1/4 ounce absinthe
- 1 ounce VSOP Calvados
- 1 ounce overproof Cognac, preferably Louis Royer Force 53 VSOP
- 1/2 ounce Brown Sugar Syrup (see Note)
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 2 dashes of St. Elizabeth allspice liqueur
- 1 lemon twist
- 1 dried apple slice, for garnish (optional)
How to make this recipe
Rinse a chilled snifter with the absinthe; pour out the excess. In a mixing glass, combine the Calvados, Cognac, Brown Sugar Syrup, bitters and allspice liqueur. Fill the glass with ice and stir will. Strain into the prepared snifter. Pinch a lemon twist over the drink and discard. Garnish with the apple slice.
In a small saucepan, combine 4 ounces water with 1/2 cup light brown sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Let cool, transfer to a jar and refrigerate for up to 1 month. Makes about 6 ounces.