- 2 cups pure pomegranate juice
- One 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 20 green cardamom pods, crushed
- One chilled 750-ml bottle extra-dry Prosecco
- One chilled 750-ml bottle sparkling pear juice
- 1/2 cup St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 2 cups club soda or sparkling water
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice, ginger and cardamom and bring to a boil. Simmer briskly until reduced to 1 1/4 cups, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Strain the syrup into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
In a pitcher or large punch bowl, combine the pomegranate syrup, Prosecco, sparkling pear juice, St. Germain and club soda. Serve the punch over ice.
The pomegranate syrup can be refrigerated for 2 weeks.