- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
"I just love pomegranates," says chef Govind Armstrong, who uses the tart fruit in everything from salads to sauces. "Last winter, so many farmers brought me pomegranates that I had to think of something else to do with them. So I came up with this cocktail."
- 1 3/4 cups chilled pomegranate juice
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups silver tequila
- 1 cup triple sec
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Ice cubes
- 8 lime wheels, for garnish
- Pour 1/4 cup of the pomegranate juice into a saucer; spread kosher salt in another saucer. Moisten the outer edge of 8 margarita glasses with the pomegranate juice, then coat with the salt.
- In a pitcher, stir the remaining 1 1/2 cups of pomegranate juice, the tequila, triple sec and lime juice. Working in batches, shake the mixture in a large ice-filled shaker, then strain into the glasses. Garnish each margarita with a lime wheel and serve.