Pomegranate-Glazed Roast Pork
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Gerry Hayden's succulent sweet-tart pork is inspired by a classic glazed ham.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- One 5 1/2-pound pork rib roast, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mix the molasses, maple syrup, garlic, dry mustard and rosemary to make a glaze. Rub the pork with the oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast in a 500° oven for 25 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375° and roast for 20 minutes. Brush the roast with the glaze and cook for 25 minutes or until the center reaches 155°; brush with glaze again 10 minutes before it's done. Let the roast stand for 15 minutes, then carve and serve with the pan juices mixed with the remaining glaze.