- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons dried mint, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Three 2 1/4-pound frenched racks of lamb, cut into individual chops
- Herbed and Spiced Plum Compote, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the garlic, pomegranate molasses, mint, rosemary, 2 teaspoons of salt and a generous pinch of pepper. Add the lamb chops and turn to coat with the pomegranate glaze; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Lightly season the chops with salt and pepper; grill over moderately high heat, turning, until they are lightly charred outside and medium-rare within, 4 to 6 minutes. Serve the lamb with the Plum Compote.
Serve these lightly sweet lamb chops with a medium-bodied red. Try a red cherry-scented Côtes du Rhône.