- 1/2 pound cucumbers
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill frond
How to make this recipe
- Cut the ends off the cucumbers, then, using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice the cucumber crosswise into thin slices. Add the cucumber to a large sieve and toss with 1 teaspoon salt. In a small bowl, add the onions and cover with cold water. Soak the onions for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the sour cream, vinegar and sugar. Rinse the cucumbers well and drain. Drain the onions. Add the drained cucumbers, onion and dill to the bowl with the dressing and mix. Serve.
The salad can be refrigerated for up to two days.