- Two 1 1/2-pound lobsters
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water. Carefully add the live lobsters, cover and cook over high heat until they're bright red, 6 to 8 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the lobsters to a bowl and let them cool slightly. Remove the rubber bands from the claws. Crack the claws and knuckles and remove the meat. Using scissors, slit the tail shells and remove the meat. Remove the dark intestinal veins from the tails. Cut the lobster meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, cook the peas until tender, about 2 minutes; drain well.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, celery, basil and lemon zest. Add the lobster and peas, season with salt and white pepper and toss. Mound the lobster salad on plates and serve.
The lobster meat can be chilled before dressing. Serve the salad lightly chilled or at room temperature.
A Chardonnay, such as one from Napa Valley.