- 1/2 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- Pinch of sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
- Fill a bowl with ice water. In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, poach the shrimp until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, then transfer the shrimp to the ice bath to cool. Drain and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the coconut water with the rice vinegar, lime juice, chopped scallion, garlic, ginger and sugar. Season the marinade with salt and pepper. Add the poached shrimp and all of the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving.
The poached shrimp and marinade can be refrigerated separately overnight.
Juicy, aromatic Chenin Blanc.