Poached Eggs with Pancetta and Tossed Mesclun
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces thickly sliced pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 10 cups mesclun (about 6 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toast points or steamed, sliced new potatoes, for serving
- Bring a large, deep skillet filled with 2 inches of water to a simmer. Crack each egg into a cup and gently slide it into the water. Cook until the whites are solid but the yolks are still soft, 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a paper towellined plate to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the pancetta and cook over moderately high heat until crisp, about 3 minutes. Add the shallot and cook until softened, 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the vinegar, tarragon and scallions.
- In a bowl, toss the mesclun with the dressing; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the salad to plates, top with the eggs and serve with toast points.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.