- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 cup shredded poached chicken
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions (including tops), cut into 1-inch slivers
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded pickled ginger (optional)
- Cooking oil for frying
- 1 ounce rice stick noodles, broken in half
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine salad ingredients in a large serving bowl and toss well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place a small saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add 3 tablespoons oil, swirling to coat sides. Add ginger, garlic, and green onions; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add vinegar, soy sauce, honey, chili garlic sauce, and sesame oil. Cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in pickled ginger. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a wok, heat oil for deep-frying to 350° over medium heat. Add rice stick noodles and deep-fry for about 5 seconds or until they puff and expand. Turn over and cook other side. Lift out and drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; toss until well mixed. Just before serving, mix noodles and toasted almonds into salad. Serve at once, while noodles are still crisp.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.