- 1 large orange
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 9 ounces Ramazzotti Amaro
- 3 ounces bonded bourbon
- 3 ounces Simple Syrup
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 6 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1 big block of ice, plus crushed ice for serving
- 6 orange wheels and cinnamon, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- Make the Cordial With a vegetable peeler, peel the orange. Reserve the orange and add the peels to a small bowl along with 1/2 cup of the sugar. Cover and let macerate overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Make the Cordial The next day, stir the juice from the reserved orange into the bowl, discard the peels and whisk to dissolve the sugar. Whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar until dissolved. Strain the orange cordial into a punch bowl.
- Make the Punch Stir in all of the remaining ingredients except the ice and garnishes. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Stir the punch, add the big block of ice and ladle the punch into chilled crushed-ice-filled pilsner glasses; top with more crushed ice. Garnish each drink with an orange wheel and a pinch of cinnamon.
Contributed By Joaquin Simo Photo © Lucas Allen