Plantain Chips with Chicken and Mojito Mango Salsa
- SERVINGS: MAKES 4 DOZEN HORS D'OEUVRES
Plantain chips are great with chicken and salsa, but tortilla chips can be a good substitute.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large ripe mango, finely diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons Telluride Mojito, without club soda
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 4 dozen large plantain chips
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook over moderate heat until browned on the second side and cooked through, about 6 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mango with the onion, Telluride Mojito, jalapeño, mint and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the plantain chips on a large tray. Halve the chicken breasts lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Put a piece of chicken on each plantain chip, spoon the salsa on top and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.