Pizza with Smoked Salmon, Crème Fraîche and Caviar
- SERVINGS: MAKES FOUR 8-INCH PIZZAS
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Pizza Dough
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 6 tablespoons black or golden caviar (3 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Set a pizza stone in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Knead 1/2 teaspoon of the chives into each ball of pizza dough. On a lightly floured work surface, roll each ball into an 8-inch round. Brush each round with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, leaving a 1-inch unbrushed rim. Transfer the rounds to a lightly floured baker's peel or the back of a flat cookie sheet dusted with flour. Slide the rounds onto the hot pizza stone and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Spread the pizza crusts evenly with the crème fraîche and top with the sliced smoked salmon. Place a heaping tablespoon of caviar in the center of each pizza, garnish with the remaining chives and serve immediately.
A simple, crisp Sauvignon Blanc is all that's needed to complement this upscale pizzas. One from Bordeaux or South Africa are both good choices.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.