- 1/2 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta (4 ounces)
- 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 ounces thinly sliced baked ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 ounces salami, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 2 large cremini mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 pitted olives, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Set a pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 500°. Let the stone heat for 30 minutes. In a bowl, lightly drizzle the artichoke hearts with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a floured work surface, roll or stretch the pizza dough out to a 12-inch round, about 1/8 inch thick. Roll the edge on half of the pizza 1/16 inch thick. Generously flour a pizza peel. Transfer the dough to the peel and lightly brush with oil. Top the thinner side of the dough with half of the artichokes, mozzarella, ricotta, ham and salami, 3 inches from the edge. Sprinkle with half of the oregano and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the marinara. Lift the 3-inch edge of dough over the filling and press to seal in the center of the round.
- Spread the remaining 1/4 cup of marinara over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange the remaining artichoke hearts, mozzarella, ham and salami over the marinara. Spoon small dollops of ricotta over the toppings, then scatter the mushrooms and olives on top. Sprinkle with the remaining oregano.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until crisp and bubbling. Cut into wedges and serve.
This pizza's ideal partner is a big Cabernet.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.