- 3/4 cup cool water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- About 3 cups all-purpose flour
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, combine the cool water with the olive oil, honey and salt. In another small bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water and set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Pulse the 3 cups of flour in a food processor. With the machine on, slowly add the honey mixture. Pour in the dissolved yeast and process until the dough forms a ball. If the dough is tacky, add a little more flour.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until smooth. Transfer to a buttered bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces and roll each piece into a smooth, tight ball. Transfer the balls to a baking sheet, cover with a damp towel and refrigerate until chilled, or for up to 4 hours. Bring to room temperature before baking.