- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN Plus overnight resting
- SERVINGS: Makes enough dough for six 7-inch pizzas
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 cups "00" pizza flour or all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast with the water and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the 1 tablespoon of oil, followed by the 2 cups of flour and the sugar and salt. Continue stirring until a soft dough forms. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and silky, about 5 minutes. Let the dough stand uncovered for 10 minutes, then divide it into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush the tops with oil and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight until slightly risen. Return to room temperature before using.
Serve WithPizza with Charred Cherry Tomatoes and Pesto.