- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN Plus overnight resting
- SERVINGS: Makes enough dough for six 7-inch pizzas
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 cups "00" pizza flour or all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast with the water and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the 1 tablespoon of oil, followed by the 2 cups of flour and the sugar and salt. Continue stirring until a soft dough forms. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and silky, about 5 minutes. Let the dough stand uncovered for 10 minutes, then divide it into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush the tops with oil and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight until slightly risen. Return to room temperature before using.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.